Thursday, February 17, 2011

If it's easy to do...

Please welcome new contributor Mike of s/v Chalice, a Cabo Rico 36 which he is putting through a full restoration. I'll bet that means he will be able to share a lot of projects like this with us!

Single Point Battery Watering System

I have now installed the batteries. I wanted to use lead acid batteries to keep the cost down and the fact that they are a little hardier to erratic charging cycles. I have located them out of the engine room below the companionway steps. This means that they are a little harder to maintain. So I searched for a way to do this easier, enter the battery Watering System. I think every boat that has lead acid batteries should have this. Fill all your batteries from one source. They all fill to the proper level, and they fireproof the battery.

I purchased them here: http://www.janwp.com/

The system is created by these people: http://www.flow-rite.com/


A while back Livia shared with us a bit of philosophy that said, "Easy tasks get done."  Mike's approach here puts keeping battery water levels into that "Easy" classification, so it'll get done.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Thanks for the write up. I'll have 2 more projects for you soon as I finish them. One is an aft hatch in the butterfly style, and the other is a wooden folding boarding ladder. The ladder requires some skill to build as I am using wedged tenons to hold it together, no screws.I hope you'll like them.
    Trisailing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...