Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spice up your Life

Are all spice jars in the supermarket a standard size? Well, no they aren't. This means that inevitably, some will be too big to fit into standard spice racks, and some may be small enough to not be adequately captured and thus escape. Mike of s/v Chalice solves that problem by making his own spice rack, to his own dimensions.

Spice up your Life

I needed to build a spice rack. So I got some spice jars to see what heights and depth I needed. This is what I came up with. Sorry no construction photos as I was busy building other things.
From Spice Rack


From Spice Rack


Finished Rack in place. Just need to screw it home. It actually does 2 jobs as it hides the deck/liner/bulkhead joint to. Also you can see my electric fan is installed. The gage you see by the fan is for pressurizing the kerosene stove. I built the bracket as I could not find one. Untested as of yet. Hope it works.

From Spice Rack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...