Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hardening the corner

On the under side of Eolian's bowsprit, where one fluke of our Bruce anchor rests when the anchor is hauled home, the corner had taken somewhat of a beating from contact with the fluke.  I spent an hour or so in the dinghy with a hammer and a chisel, relieving the area where the contact was being made, about 1/2" deep.  After painting the bare wood, I installed a 6" stainless rubstrake.

This worked well enough that when I constructed the new bowsprit, I copied the design.


  1. Please post a pic of your dolphin figurehead. It looks amazing! You have a nice blog thanks for it.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...