Monday, July 26, 2010

Avoiding seagull decoration

Walking down the dock the other evening, I noticed a falcon slope-soaring on the rising air over m/v Terenã, and I thought to myself, "That's going to keep the seagulls from 'decorating' his flybridge canvas!"

And as I walked along, I admired the graceful movements of the bird, the tiny adjustments made at the wingtips and tail feathers to stay in the air stream, and wondered at its control and mastery of the air.

And then I noticed that there were two-dimensional aspects to the bird. It... It was... it was a KITE! I was flabbergasted, and amazed at the lifelike motions that the kite made.

And finally I noticed that the kite was flying from a fishing line coming from the fishing pole you see in the picture.

I've ordered one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...